Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Yippy Halong Bay here I come finally


Had breakfast, chilled out had some time to kill before I headed to the restaurant again and hopefully the boat this time, 12pm came and started to go, and I started getting a bit antsy, had the tour guides number so sent him a text to say I am at the restaurant and wait all I got back was OK, no I’ll be there in 15 minutes or anything like that just Ok, so I waited and waited and then sent another text it was now 12:20 and I was a little agitated waiting around, I sent a text to ask to if they would be here soon and all I got back was Yes, but how #@$%$#$ long will you be you stupid $%^^$% .
So I just sat there, waiting finally got the call that he was wondering where I was, I’m sitting in the restaurant you arse, so finally meet up with him and headed to the boat. We had another guide who was in charge and he was a right gumpy shit, my god what a arse. At least I was going to get on the boat, we went through the formalities and finally made it to the boat and sat down for lunch which was not half bad at all, so things were looking up.
After lunch we headed out onto the bay and finally after waiting two days I would get my chance to see Halong bay and all the islands that make it so fantastic. Our boat moved off with an armada of other boats. The islands stood before me, it was grand, on a grand scale, A true wonder of the world. The islands sprout from the water shooting up towards the heavens it is a sight to behold, even with the 600 or so other boats out there it was still stunning. As we worked our way across the harbor towards these sentinels of the sea the air cooled and you could feel that rain was coming. I was on top of the and watched as the wall of water made it’s way across the bay towards us finally hitting with a flash of lightning and a crash of thunder. I escaped down stairs and watched as the islands disappeared behind the wall of water.
Luckily it only rained for an hour and then cleared as we arrived at our first stop some kayaking around these majestic giants. Grumpy my new name for our guide herded us towards the boats, ours were the worst there, could tell we were getting the short end of the stick, some of them looked like there could be a possibility that they might sink, we all had to read the agreement that said we would pay 12 times the amount that there worth if they sink, it would not be our fault but we would have to pay.
I was teamed up with a French guy who at paddling was as useless as tits on a bull, how can someone be that uncoordinated, yep worse then you curly, it fact he would make you look like a ball room dancer. Paddle paddle stop paddle stop paddle by the end I wanted to smack him over the head with the paddle and do it myself. We made it back to the boat without sinking or losing the paddles and then had to wait for 3 other guys to come back who had gone somewhere completely different to the rest of us, I think they wanted to get away from grumpy who by now because we had to wait for them was in a right mood.
After the little exploration on the Kayaks we moved the boat to it’s mooring for the night and were able to go for a swim in the milky green waters of Halong bay, the water was nice and it was good to go for a swim. Dinner was served later and was as good as lunch, the French were all talking frenchy so me a Rulf the german guy headed to the roof, next door karaoke had started and we had great fears this would go on all night. I was not really in the mood to join them as most of our crew did. It was a peaceful night besides the karaoke and it was quite pretty with all the boats on the bay with their lights on.

1 comment:

  1. I b very coordinated. Keep that talk up and i'll paddle your ass!
    Curly

    ReplyDelete