Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bus then a train then Bangkok

The night before I had decided to leave and head back to Bangkok, the weather was looking crap so it would not be a beach day, I wanted to spend a few days in Bangkok before I left anyway so it felt the right time to go, I had decide to do it the old fashioned way and sort myself out, local bus to Phun Phin and from there night train back to Bangkok, easy ahe.
Packed up did not really rush to get out, had a big breakfast then sorted all my bills out and headed off, had decided to walk as the bus station was only a couple of km down the road, just a bit of a amble really. Made my way towards the bus stop and had to ask a couple of times if I was going in the right direction as it seemed to be more than a couple of Km’s down the road and I thought maybe I had missed it. Finally found what I thought was the right street, there were buses but it did not feel right. A guy from a tourist Agent called me over so I headed his way, to get directions again. Asked were the station was, you get buses from here, Ok how much, coff coff splutter splutter what how much, this women had I think picked a price out of the air and said, the silly cow had gone way to high, I laughed and asked them were the local station was again. They started talking in Thai and I coffed at the right time and the guy then asked me if I spoke Thai, I did not answer just smiled at him. Then I stood up and said thank you in Thai and said if you’re not going to help I’ll head off, only then did they say it was just around the corner.
I managed to arrive 15 minutes before the bus was to leave so it ended out being perfect timing, I grabbed some snacks and now had a 4 hour bus ride to go on, which turned out to be very good, besides lunch and that was only because I ate were the locals eat and got my mouth burn, that’s spicy burnt, which lasted for about half an hour, and that was only with a couple of mouth full’s. I arrived 2 hours before the train was to depart and managed to get a sleeper berth, the last sleeper birth so that was pretty good. The only problem was this train would arrive in Bangkok just after 5am, it would be a early wake up call.
The train arrived on time even after they put up it was going to be late, I piled on and found my seat and relaxed, I was on my way, besides not being able to sleep I found the journey to be pretty good and when I finally did get to sleep we had maybe 5 hours to go. O wellgot to read a lot of my book that’s for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your useful blog. By the way ,i love Bangkok so much....

    ReplyDelete