Monday, August 17, 2009

Waiting waiting what they left me behind the @$%#^#&^@%


Got up all excited about my Halong Bay trip, looking forward to the nice room and boat trip and look around at what makes Halong bay a world heritage site. Went to my little restaurant and had another most excellent meal. If your ever in Halong City turn right onto Halong road and it’s about the 46th shop down on your right, you’ll see it they have the cookers outside and it run by a couple of young fella’s. Anyway had a lazy morning just packing up and everything was dry and smelling fresh again. I have given up trying to get the stains out of my cloths as long as they smell clean that is fine with me.
Headed off to the restaurant at 11am wanted to get there early and be waiting, had my book ready to read and everything, very lucky I had my book ready to read I would have a lot of time for reading. Time ticked by as it does, the world moved on and so did all the tourist around me, it got to 12.15 and I tried to get hold of Jimmy the guy I had booked it through. Could not get hold of him so called the hotel asked them were he was, they did not know, well that’s annoying. So asked them if he had another number I could call, they gave me one so tried that too, phoned it and it did not even go to answer phone just cut off. So I am getting a little pissed off, just a little there was still tourists around.
Tried again and finally got through to Jimmy he said he was not sure what had happened but would give me a call back, have to say he was pretty quick getting back to me, said they had gone and I would have to go tomorrow which was a little annoying, just messed with my time line a little. It’s alright if this sort of thing happens at the start of a trip but very annoying when it happens at the end and you only have a few days left. So this would mean a day less in Hanoi. Ok I can handle this.
So jimmy would pay for a night in Halong and I was booked in the next day, he was also going to call me with the name and number of the tour guide the next morning so I would not miss him. Ok so I thought I would head into Halong city and have a look around and maybe get a hotel there. Headed in and found one after some looking the hotels are overpriced and in need of repair but I managed to find one in the end. So had a place to stay and then went looking for lunch, Lunch was good and had a little look around Halong but could not really be bothered.
The rest of the day did nothing much, read my book got on the internet that sort of thing it was pretty boring really just waiting around, chilling out.

No comments:

Post a Comment