Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bangkok, and early morning

The train pulled into the main station on time at 5am, I grabbed my bags and headed out to face the tuk tuk drivers that were waiting like rabid dogs on a hot summers day for a kill and as soon as I got in eye sight of the exit it started,” were you go” “Ko san road long way” I have been here before and it’s not that far, very easy on a bike, well the going price was 200baht till I started laughing then the real negotiations started, I decided at this time more players would be better so headed for a couple who had just walked out into the mayhem and looked a bit shell shocked, we ended up procuring a Tuk tuk for 30baht each which I still think was a bit high but at 5am I cannot be bothered to walk around to much.
The tuk tuk only took a couple of minutes to arrive at Ko San road and then we headed for the hotel I normally stay in, it’s clean and tidy and has a few different rooms to choose from, my plan was to upgrade to one with Aircon, the problem was when we got there we were told there was only water on the ground floor so everyone one would have to use the bottom showers and toilets. Not for me this time so Me and my two comrades headed off in search of another place that would be good.
The problem with looking so early no one has left yet and generally backpackers only make up there mind to leave the night before so we search a few hotels with no luck, the decision was made to have breakfast first and then carry on the search. After a hearty breakfast the search began again and lasted quite some time, we had found a place will I had my comrades were looking for something a bit better but this would do me for now and I would try and upgrade tomorrow.
There was one problem with my room that I had not noticed was that I could not lock the window to my room so I managed to take a few screws out of the wall and things and have tied the window closed, it looks as though last time they used a crow bar to get in they will need one again and this time with the screws I have put in they will more likely smash the window if they use a crow bar again. I will still lock my bag to the bed and have been carrying around all my electrical equipment and money so the only thing they would get is my old t-shirts and a sleeping bag. Good luck with that. I am moving places tomorrow to some were a bit more up market for my last 3 days in Bangkok.

Reflections coming soon to stevesasiatours

No comments:

Post a Comment