Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy birthday and it what? Was not your anniversary


It was Kats birthday, she was up early and off to get a coffee, I headed out a little bit later and then Mike arrived not so long after me, I was to learn at breakfast that it was not there Anniversary the day before Kats birthday it was there anniversary the day after, and it was there 5th not 6th anniversary, well they would get to celebrate again the next day when they would be heading into China and towards Tibet.
We had a nice breakfast and then headed out for a walk around the Village of Sapa, the walk was very pleasant. Kat had noticed that I had broken a spoke so I was going to borrow one of theirs to fix my bike, it was a good opportunity to adjust everything on the bike as well and make it ready for the ride to come. After pulling the back wheel of and removing the old spoke I found out that the ones Mike and Kat have are not right for my bike, just have to hope it won’t buckle too much and will survive the rest of the trip , and later we went out for dinner and a few drinks, tomorrow we would say good bye, It had been great having other people to ride with, and people who I got along with really well, it was really great how we all bonded so quickly and easily. I was going to be sad to see them head away after having riding companions for the last few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment