Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Packing the trailer packing the bike


After my sleep in I was feeling much better, had to pack the trailer and bike up ready for home, the trailer and a few things would go by sea mail and I would hopefully get that back in 3 or so months time the bike would come with me on the plane back home. After some breakfast and Jimmy trying to explain that this was the tour I had booked which when he first explained it was completely different to what he was saying now I was kinda over it and could not be arsed with him anymore. If you are thinking about coming to Halong bay, make your own way to Cat ba island and book a night on the boat from there.
I headed off in search of a box for the trailer first and after sometime found one they might be suitable, on returning to the hotel I found it was not suitable at all, so I packed up the trailer and tied everything to it that was going home by sea and headed to the post office hoping they would be able to wrap it up for me, and yes they could alright that’s one less hassle, the weight of it came to 11.8km which I have to say at least 2kg of that was cardboard box that the lady had wrapped it in, it should be safe.
Once that was done I headed off looking for a box for the bike, found a couple of places but what they wanted for a box was crazy, so I just had to carry on and hope to find something, after getting myself lost in the streets of old town I finally found someone who was willing to sell me a Flat screen TV box which I hoped would fit the bike. In the end being lost was not so bad as I ended up only being a couple of streets away from my hotel. Spent the rest of the afternoon packing the bike away for the trip home.

3 comments:

  1. We miss you Steve! Congrats on your amazing cycling adventure through SE Asia. We are so glad we met you along our journey and are excited to meet up with you again. Best of luck back home in NZ. If we dont see you in NZ first, remember we would love for you to come and stay with us in the US. Your buds, Zach and Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve you have friends, how do you feel, like all warm and fuzzyish?

    hehehe Awesome. i told you you were cool. Cant wait for you to come home.

    Love your annoying little sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurry up ! need you back at work !

    ReplyDelete